Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wow today was a fun day! Morning lessons were the same old same old, with Joanne still smelling of Cod Liver Oil D: There were house speeches during the assembly block, where the campaigners had 30seconds of airtime each to promote themselves to us. 30 seconds each doesn't seem like a lot, but I think they all did a really good job so kudos to them!

Met Mel, Jinsei and Alina at the Amphi where they were doing up Jinli's campaign board, Jinli had this really cute ET toy, and Jinsei was uhm, trying to phone home with ET. Headed down to J8 with Mel and Jinsei for lunch, decided to have lunch at the new Food Junction (which by the way is alright, but has these really annoying orange lights on the floor and ceiling and even on the tops of some tables, which makes you wonder if you've stepped into orange land cause everyone is bathed in this interesting orange glow that makes them look vaguely like... boiled tomatoes, for lack of a better metaphor) Anyway Jinli appeared as I was buying my lunch! So had quite a nice lunch talking to Jinli, Mel and Jinsei. Jinli was telling me about Jeff Dunham and the dead terrorist mannequin. I almost died laughing, srsly. Had fun gossiping and telling lame jokes! Such fun friends I have.

Cabbed down to ACS(I) after that to watch the polo match between ACJC and RJ. I spent some time wondering where the pool was, and was amazed to find that Jinli was actually smart enough to find it!! :o Decided to do some exploring before the match actually started so left Jinsei to look after our bags and went to find a toilet. As it turns out Jinli was spoofing us when she said she knew where the toilet was cause she led us down this long dark corridor that ended in a dead end! (I think she said, "I bring you to a secret place!!) ): Trooped back to the boarding house dining hall where we were trying to watch the already started polo match in the comfort of the aircon, but got chased out by some guy, so headed back up to the stands to watch. We were like totally running back up cause we didn't want to miss more of the match than we could help, so Mel and I ran out the nearest door to the staircase that we came out of, but smart Jinli ran to the other door right at the end of the row of doors (I.e. the one furthest away from us) cause it was open, and ran back towards us looking very triumphant. You should've seen the look on her face when she found out that we'd gotten out first.

Anyway. The stands were freaking hot! Like srsly, I could just feel my butt cooking. Anyway settled down to watch the match, when suddenly Jinli piped up, "Mel, how many quarters are there in the game?" HAHAHA Supreme Intelligence. The match was an exciting one! We ended up beating ACJC by a really small margin - 6-5 to us. Wow scary. Anyway then we went down to the cafe to grab some drinks and ice cream, and then Jinli and Mel and I headed to the Astro Turf so I could do a quick catch up with Alex who was helping to train the girls' touch rug team. Talked to him for like 10 mins (It was really good to see you again!!) and then went back to the pool to look for.. Jinsei (I'm lying) and met Jinsei coming out of the cafe, and then Tom, heading to the cafe. Mel was going to go back to Bishan with Tom and Jinsei in a cab, but I think JS pangsehed them at the last minute for the rest of the polo team, so Mel and Tom caught a ride from some other polo guy. Walked out to the busstop with Jianying and JS and all that, then Jinli and I got onto 14 which more or less brings us all the way back. We had a super long talk in the bus, that was really nice, was great talking to her! Met her neighbour like halfway through the ride, and she was all "I don't want to have to walk home with him!!" I provided a solution in the end though: Get off at my stop and pretend to wait for 12 with me. It worked anyway so we're smart! (OUt of character for Jinli :D)

Wow this is a detailed entry. Anyway that's about it for today, class camp tmr and Friday! I can't wait :D :D Need to go finish packing, so I'll just stop here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home