Monday, March 24, 2008

Won't deny it, I'm disappointed. There's still ISLE and a whole lot more to look forward to, so its more about looking to the future now than dwelling on the past. Really wanted this but guess it wasn't meant to be.

I knew that if I'd gotten in I'd probably have had to drop swimming altogether, and when I ask myself whether I really want to drop something that I've been doing for more than half my life, my answer is no. I think I'd really miss the pool, the physical activity, the friends and the company. Stopping now would be like.. losing a part of my life. I know we complain a lot about swimming and spend half our lives moaning that we want to quit, but when it comes to the crunch, I guess swimming's still something that's important to all of us. Getting past the interviews would have been nice, but this is JC. Being realistic, I think I'd put studies first, and swimming second. Council would've meant dropping swimming altogether = losing a part of my life. So I guess that's the silver lining in my grey cloud. I've managed to get into ISLE anyway, and I think I'm really lucky to get in, because many other people who wanted to get in didn't make it, so I guess its alright. Wanting to get into both just seems.. greedy and selfish, which is what I actually thought I was being when I applied for both. I'll just put my heart into ISLE now, because its no doubt going to be as fulfilling and exciting, and I'll definitely enjoy it too. Plus BW has really capable people whom I'm sure deserve to get in much more than I do, so congrats to all those who made it past the interviews, and have fun during campaign week. (:

Don't be surprised if I don't smile too much in school tomorrow though. The disappointment is still there, its just below the surface. (not too deep below though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home