Tuesday, April 01, 2008

(I think I'm falling sick. Headache, sorethroat. Very bad.)

Anyway first real ISLE meeting yesterday morning, 8am. Turns out that we're the pioneer group of students going to Tibet, so we're really on unchartered territory! AM VERY EXCITED, cannot wait to go!!! Anyway the first introduction exercise was pretty amusing. We all started off with nametags made out of masking tape, and we had to go to someone, introduce ourselves, then swop nametags. Go up to another person and introduce yourself as the person whose nametag have. As you can imagine, it got pretty messy, much like a game of broken telephone. As we went around the room reintroducing ourselves, there were quite a few laughs. I realised that these are the people I'm going to be working with for the next year or so, and I'm pretty much glad that they're all nice people, even awesome people once I get to know them.

So we watched one video, and one slideshow. The video was about this Australian girl who seemed to have such a hard life. It sounded pretty bad at first, like how she had to eat dried cereal for breakfast cause they always run out of milk.. But then they started flashing clips of all these African families living crowded in really small huts and not having enough food etc, and showed the Australian girl complaining about how bad her life was cause she had to load the dishwasher after dinner, and how her iPod was only 1GB etc. We were all sitting there going, what's your problem manz, your life is so much better than those people who don't even have proper sanitation and shelter, and we suddenly realised that we're all pretty much like that Australian girl. We all complain that we have so much work, and that our mp3 players are spoiling etc, but don't ever see that we're so much more fortunate than like refugees and stuff. We don't even have to look as far as Africa, we're even way more fortunate than half the people in Indonesia. I realise I complain a lot D:

Anyway I finished all thirteen episodes of GossipGirl that are currently out in 3 days = :o :o but yeah I've been mugging too! In between my headaches and maths and PW and like econs. Wow I sound like a mugger! Guess there's a first for everything. PLEASE DONT LET ME GET SICK TMR BEFORE CLASS CAMP. I WILL DIEEEEEE. WILL SLEEP EARLY TONIGHT PROMISE PINKY PROMISE I SWEEEAAARRRRRR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home