Saturday, April 05, 2008

BACK FROM CLASS CAMP. Was totally awesome, loved that it really gave our class an opportunity to bond and have fun together, as one group, and not as 2, like we usually are. I'm really lazy to blog about the entire thing because there's just so much to say, and I don't think I'd be able to fully describe everything anyway. Lets just say that the friendships I've formed in this class are already awesome, and there's this HUGE potential for them to become even better and more awesome. I know that I can always come back to my class when things go wrong, and that there will be people willing to be there for me!

Its amazing how a ropes course and height element can bring out the best in people. I loved how everyone was standing below, looking up with the sun in their eyes, and shouting encouragement and help to the people climbing! I get this feeling that the class managed to bond even through the simple activity, and watching everyone make it to the top of the height element, or the end of the ropes course really felt damn amazing, knowing that though they were pretty much individual activities in the end, we were still able to achieve them as a class.

Travelling to Ubin was pretty much slack and relaxing, talking crap on the bus, watching the islands and the sea go by on the boat, and finally singing songs like nobody's business at the top of our voices during the 30min+ walk to our campsite on the other side of the island. More or less had the rest of the day to ourselves, so busied ourselves with building the basha (which took a lot of teamwork cos we had damn sucky materials) and cooking dinner. Lay around in the basha before dinner and attempted to play truth or dare, but ended up becoming more of a gossiping session instead :D Dinner was waay better than I thought it would be, so kudos to those who cooked it! Guowei impressed us all with his "gallantry and chivalry" (Note that I'm purely quoting him) by holding an umbrella over our plates while we ate so the drizzle wouldn't wet our food. Sat at the amphitheatre after dinner and just talked, and like played cards and stuff. One the facilitators came and told us that cards weren't allowed so ): all the cards had to go. We lay around and talked, and when the sky cleared, there were SOOOOOO many stars in the sky, it was totally the prettiest thing you'll ever ever see. I wanted to take a picture of them but the camera couldn't capture the minute pinpricks of light ): Anyway we decided to sleep (literally!) under the stars! And got woken up at 330am by the stupid rooster crowing. Was like really cold cos my shirt was damp with dew and the night was quite cold.

Uhm in the morning packed everything away and got ready for the kayaking! Kayaking was quite fun if a little retarded cos we had to tie the boats together and they kept snaking. Plus the left side of the thing had stronger people so the boat kept going towards the right. Lol so left side had to keep back pedalling so that we could turn left to keep straight. (did that just make sense??) But yea I loved the teamwork and the retarded singing and name calling: "RAFFLES, RAFFLES!" "CRYSTAL, CRYSTAL!" etc. Quite hilarious I must say.

Anyway after Kayaking we went back and showered and stuff, then came the major camwhoring. I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

YMCA!


Please don't ask me what we were doing.


Nana!


Nana cool.

We r ur superwomen. Damn cool please.



CAMOUFLAGE!!

Cos we're cool.

So as you can see we had a lot of fun! Joanne just suggested that we have a class chalet. Freak awesome idea, yo.

Anyway training tmr morning and I'm totally dead from tonight's already so I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home