Thursday, December 24, 2009

just a thought. Singaporean MRT officers are mildly retarded.

I just remembered that there was one day i was carrying my black adidas bag to coaching, and that the security officer stopped me and asked to look inside my bag. I've also noticed that everytime i carry that bag into an MRT station (and its been pretty often lately), the security officers give me/the bag suspicious looks as i walk past them. So this brings me to my question.. do they seriously think that every terrorist who's going to bomb the MRT station is going to put their bomb in a Suspicious Looking Black Duffel Bag to look the part? Wasn't it the government who warned us that terrorists are able to disguise themselves and could be anyone? So how is it that the demure old lady carry an oversized purse next to you cannot be a terrorist but someone carrying said Suspicious Looking Bag is a prime suspect? Have noticed that the staff only stop people carrying bulky/black/bulky and black bags. How does that work?

Another thought. I realise I seem to take very little interest in cultivating human relationships/friendships unless it seems certain that the person will be very dear to me. This realisation comes to me as I think about the number of people I would like to meet up with and can only come up with.. literally just over a handful of people. I don't think its because I'm a solitary person - I know that to be entirely false. In fact, I could even go as far as saying that I'm probably happiest among friends. Clarifications have to be made here, however, when I say friends. This is also where that realisation took root - that the people I'm happiest with are few and far between, and that by holding this small group of people close to my heart, I can be content. Knowing many people, and actually having friends who understand you and in whom you can confide are two entirely different matters. Truth be told, although I enjoy talking nonsense, that only happens to a point, and then I find myself wishing for the peace of company, not of the banter or stilted conversation that comes from most passing friendships, but the knowledge and comfort of knowing that whoever it is will always be there for you, and it is not what you say, but what you don't have to say that matters.

Hate to say that but amid the hustle and bustle of Christmas, the festive cheer hasn't quite seem to have infected me. All I want to do on Christmas eve and Christmas day is to spend time with the people who matter, not go to meaningless parties where I have to look for things to say, to talk about, where people ask what I have been doing/intend to do, and I find myself repeating the same anecdotes a hundred times. None of that is for me. I simply want the few people who mean the most to me to be with me. Feeling inclined to decline any invitations but I suppose that is not what is known as having Good Manners. Christmas is meant to be the season of love and of giving, but why does it feel like much of what is being done is simply to keep up appearances or whatever other reasons people do such things for.

At this point in time I can only say that i miss all of you, you should know who you are. If you don't know that I miss you because I haven't told you.. then oh well C'est La Vie but if I've told you that I miss you, then hell yes I miss you shitloads. ..You should know who you are even if I haven't told you. Okay my brain isn't used to thinking this much, think I'll go read my book now.

eight days ):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home