Sunday, August 30, 2009

It just hit me - this week was the last proper week of school that we had. Having mixed feelings about that. One on hand I'm glad we'll have more time to study without having to go for lessons which sometimes are nothing but a complete and utter waste of time, but on the other hand, I daresay I'm going to miss the routines, the hanging out in class, talking to random people along the corridor, and the knowledge that everyone's going to be there. After this week and the rest of the prelims, I can't say for sure that I'm going to get to see everyone properly anymore. Apart from the fact that there'll be the checking of papers, everyone's going to be doing their own studying.. No more congregating as a clique/class to laugh at the guys playing bridge, no more sitting in class during extended breaks (read: GP), no more anything, just blind eat sleep shit study. After that? Well I suppose there will always be prom after that, but again, not everyone's going. And after prom? People will be going away on holiday, then the mad rush to apply for unis and everything is going to begin, people are going to fly off to begin the rest of their lives, nothing's going to the the same.

Where did the 2 years of JC go? They weren't kidding when they told me to treasure it. I THINK I have, but it turns out that maybe it wasn't enough. I'd like time to freeze, or press the slo-mo button, so that whatever little time we have left can be treasured and utilised right down to the last second.

By an extension of that point, I'd also like time to slow down so that I'd get more studying done. It seems that my brain hasn't begun to assimilate how much I have left to do, and at this point in time, I'd say that that's an especially worrying prospect. "What will people say if you can't even make it to uni?" I sometimes wonder. Its not a very pleasant thought, and one which warrants more emphasis. Perhaps its not always good to be "unambitious and not very concerned with getting ahead in life" as my Civil Service College test result proclaims. (or something to that effect anyway)

Well okay back to whatever I was trying to do. Perhaps I'll attempt an Econs essay. Time to buckle down or I'm going to get pwnzed inside out, outside in, left right centre in 2 months.

GAME ON. There's no looking back, not now, not ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home