Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me."

"Too often, the thing you want most is the one thing you can’t have. Desire leaves us heartbroken, it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. And as tough as wanting something can be, the people who suffer the most are those who don’t know what they want."

“The thing is, it’s hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely, because almost everyone has that smallest bit of faith and hope that one day they would open their eyes and it would all come true. At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don’t really expect it. It’s like one day you realize that the fairy tale is slightly different than your dream. The castle, well it may not be a castle. And it’s not so important that it’s happily ever after — just that it’s happy right now. See, once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you. And once in awhile, people may even take your breath away.”

I love Grey's Anatomy quotes.

I'm so damn tired of all this. Sometimes I really think swimming just doesn't do it for me anymore. Or maybe I don't do it for swimming anymore. The fact of the matter is I can't swim as fast as I used to, no matter how hard I try. This morning I was slower than a sec2 girl for kicking, and as much as I wanted to go faster, my legs just wouldn't propel me any faster. I used to only be slower than a few guys, but now I'm slower than a sec2 girl. Waturf?! And I was struggling to make 1.25 for free at AT pace, and it was only a miserable 3x100. I used to make 30x100 on 1.25 please. This is damn depressing. I'd really like to stop now, but there are so many competitions I have a chance of qualifying for this year, and I really want to give myself one last chance, to prove to no one else but myself that I still have to ability to swim fast, and prove myself one last time before I stop swimming competitively entirely. Its not going to be an easy rest of the year, but I suppose if I want something I've got to put my mind to it, my heart and soul into it, and hope that the outcome is the one that I desire. SEAage, Singapore Open, Singapore Shortcourse Championships, World Cup (Singapore), (Hopefully) Asian Schools, HK Open, World Cup (Sydney) here I come!

Back to Geog.

I really miss having someone's hand to hold, to have someone who understands and loves me for who I am, wholly. I miss the feeling of being loved. Any takers? ):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home